We’re hiring a Fundraising and Communications Coordinator!
Have a love of reading, experience in fund development and a creative flair? ONE TO ONE is looking for a flexible and innovative Fundraising and Communications Coordinator to support our organization’s growth across British Columbia.
This is an exciting opportunity to be the voice of a growing non-profit with an exciting cause. Every year, ONE TO ONE matches more than 3,000 struggling students with volunteer tutors in elementary schools. For half an hour, twice a week, these students work on their reading in a space where it’s okay to take risks, make mistakes and learn at their own pace.
You will play an instrumental role in attracting new donors and volunteers to ONE TO ONE and supporting the Executive Director in executing, reporting and administering our fund-development plans. As coordinator, you will also direct a full suite of activities to support ONE TO ONE’s programming, including crafting the organization’s brand and sharing our story to the community at large. This is a full-time role at 37.5 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Write, edit and design fundraising and stewardship materials (includes grant applications, donor thank-you letters, direct mail solicitations and donor impact reports)
• Develop communications strategies and assist in coordination for annual holiday fundraising campaign
• Organize fundraising events, including third-party fundraisers, donor stewardship and annual Spelling Bee fundraising events
• Research new fundraising opportunities, including grants, corporate partnerships, foundations and major gifts, in support of organizational fund development goals
• Perform administrative fundraising duties (i.e. logging donations, issuing tax receipts, maintaining fundraising database) as needed
• Work with leadership team to monitor fundraising goals
Marketing and Communications:
• Collect and share stories about the ONE TO ONE program from volunteers, school staff, students and families
• Maintaining website appearance and content via Squarespace and raising ONE TO ONE’s profile on Twitter and Facebook
• Writing and designing ONE TO ONE’s annual report and program evaluation report
• Write and send monthly newsletters to volunteers and stakeholders via MailChimp
• Write and issue press releases as needed
• Maintain OTO brand on all external communications
• Copy-writing, editing and designing miscellaneous in-house and external communications materials
Skills & Qualifications
• Self-motivated, confident and proactive; ability to work as a team and lead communications projects independently
• Certification/diploma in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Two years’ experience in a fundraising, communications or public relations role
• Excellent writing, editing and proofing copy; experience writing and editing copy for various audiences
• Familiarity with CP Style
• Proficiency in graphic and print layout design
• Proficiency in Mailchimp, Squarespace and Adobe InDesign
• Experience managing social media—specifically Facebook and Twitter—for an organization an asset
• Video-editing experience an asset
• Experience in grant writing and Salesforce technology an asset
• Experience in a non-profit environment an asset
$38,000 – $42,000 per year, plus a $500 health benefit and a professional development stipend. ONE TO ONE generously provides five weeks of annual paid vacation.
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter, at least two relevant writing samples and one design sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1, 2018 with the subject line “Fundraising and Communications Coordinator.”